SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Martha Livingston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:07:29 -0700
A leaf out of the scandalous U.S. political money-raising machine.
Corporations typically have every officer write a separate check for
whatever the legal limit is, and deliver these individual checks in
bundles.  Tom DeLay, may he rest in jail, was only the most
egregiously effective of these campaign fund-raisers.

--
Martha Livingston, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Health and Society

"I don't believe in charity.  I believe in solidarity.  Charity is so
vertical.  It goes from the top to the bottom.  Solidarity is
horizontal.  It respects the other person.  I have a lot to learn
from other people."

- Eduardo Galeano