SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Sarena Seifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:29:10 -0700
Dennis - thanks so much for sending this out!  Community-Campus
Partnerships for Health is doing a lot of work in this area - trying to
align faculty recruitment, review, promotion and tenure
policies/processes with public/community engagement!  And to support
community-engaged faculty in making their best case for promotion and
tenure.

For list members interested in public scholarship and community-engaged
scholarship (CES), these additional publications and resources may be of
interest:

Community-engaged scholarship toolkit (designed for community-engaged
faculty to develop strong portfolios for promotion and tenure; includes
links to journals that publish CES, examples of progressive promotion and
tenure policies, excerpts of portfolios from community-engaged faculty
members who have successfully navigated the promotion and tenure process)
www.communityengagedscholarship.info

Community-engaged scholarship resources
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/scholarship.html

Community-engaged scholarship listserv
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/comm-engagedscholarship

Commission on Community-Engaged Scholarship in the Health Professions
(Kellogg Foundation-funded commission that makes the case for why
faculty engagement in the community should be supported and how)
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/kellogg3.html
(the Commission report, Linking Scholarship and Communities, can be
downloaded from the site)

Our newest initiative, Faculty for the Engaged Campus,Faculty
for the Engaged Campus, aims to strengthen community-engaged
career paths in the academy by developing innovative competency-based
models of faculty development, facilitating peer review and dissemination
of products of community-engaged scholarship, and supporting
community-engaged faculty through the promotion and tenure
process.  Details at http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/faculty-engaged.html

Thanks again!

Sarena

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health promotes health (broadly defined)
through partnerships between communities and higher educational institutions.
Become a member today at www.ccph.info

Celebrating a Decade of Transforming Communities & Higher Education, 1997-2007