SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Larry Adelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:26:22 -0700
This Friday, August 28, Bill Moyers Journal will preview excerpts from a
powerful new documentary on the medical-industrial complex called
"MONEY-DRIVEN MEDICINE," produced by Academy Award-winner Alex Gibney
("Taxi to the Dark Side";  "Enron: The Smart Guys in the Room") and now
available on DVD from California Newsreel ("UNNATURAL CAUSES").

MONEY-DRIVEN MEDICINE helps dispel the myths about what's really driving
the cost and quality of American health care.  Bill Moyers said,
"MONEY-DRIVEN MEDICINE is one of the strongest documentaries I have seen
in years and could not be more timely.  The more people who see and talk
about it, the more likely we are to get serious and true health care
reform."

Moyers' August 28th program (check local PBS listings) will be devoted
to the film, which is based on Maggie Mahar's acclaimed book,
"Money-Driven Medicine: Why Health Care Costs So Much (Harprer/Collins).

To view on-line video clips, purchase DVDs and learn more about
MONEY-DRIVEN MEDICINE and ways to use the DVD to broaden debate, visit
www.newsreel.org or www.moneydrivenmedicine.org.

Many thanks (and please excuse any cross-postings),
Larry

Larry Adelman
CALIFORNIA NEWSREEL
500 Third Street, #505