SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Enrique Cardiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:53:50 -0600
If it has not already been suggested I would use the book edited by McGibbon - Oppression: A Social Determinant of Health. While it is written from a Canadian perspective, the book can be used to ask "does this apply to the US?"

Working Together for Healthy Communities!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH
Urban Health Extension Coordinator, Facilitator IDHCC
505-925-7393
"Health workers have an obligation to address the issue of poverty directly rather than remain content to deal with its effects." D Raphael

"Health promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve, their health." - Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion

October is Health Literacy Month! http://www.healthliteracymonth.org/