SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Enrique Cardiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:58:15 -0600
It is amazing the resistance to this knowledge. I've listened to many people much "better educated" than I argue that we need to focus on "universal health care" instead of social determinants.

While increased access to medical services IS important as far as I can tell a just society would produce much more health.

Working Together for Healthy Communities!

Enrique Cardiel, MPH
Urban Health Extension Coordinator, Facilitator IDHCC
505-925-7393
"Health workers have an obligation to address the issue of poverty directly rather than remain content to deal with its effects." D Raphael

"Health promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve, their health." - Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion

October is Health Literacy Month! http://www.healthliteracymonth.org/