SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:17:34 +0000
From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
It is possible that not everything in our country is quite as it should be.
But no one can doubt that the propaganda is good.
Even the hungry must concede
That the Minister for Food talks well.
-- Bertolt Brecht

Hunger Relief
As the world’s largest food retailer, we have an opportunity and responsibility to deliver on this key necessity of life. We believe every family should have access to affordable, safe, nutritious, food, but for too many Canadian families, this simply is not a reality. Together with our partners across the country, we are committed to making a real difference in relieving hunger in our communities.

https://www.walmartcanada.ca/community-giving/hunger-relief

https://www.thespec.com/opinion/contributors/2021/08/06/why-do-we-honour-companies-that-create-hunger.html

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09581596.2021.1955828

https://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2021/07/28/study-food-banks-that-partner-with-corporations-may-be-perpetuating-food-insecurity/