SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Steve Cummins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:06:30 +0100
Take a look here for a bio of Brignell

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=John_Brignell

Some of his claims are now supported (ie DDT) other not (second-hand
smoke).

As Bignell himself states 'everyone is self-interested'..this equally
applies to someone peddling self-published books on one topic (the
misuse of statistics) as well as scientists, policy-makers, newspaper
reporters...

--
Steven Cummins MSc PhD
MRC Fellow