Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 23:09:22 EST
Last summer when a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle found out I
published Mark Twain Electronically, he wrote asking me to  confirm a quote.
He may have made contact here too and I am sorry if the question is repeated
I haven't scanned all the archives yet.  At any rate, he asked if Twain
really ever did say: "The coldest winter I have ever spent was one summer in
San Francisco."

I have scanned everything I have in my machine and can't find this quote.
Does anyone know if it is authentic?

Secondly, Mr. Holbrook tells the story of the Tennessee Girl whose family is
moving to Missouri and when it comes time to go she stands in front of her
house and says: Goodbye house, I'm goin' to Missourri.  Goodbye
grass.....sky, etc.   Then says Good by God I'm goin' to Missouri.  Mr.
Holbrook does not know (according to Mary Ann Curling )  where the reference
is.  Again,   Is this a real Twain story?  People are asking me.