From:
Mary Ann Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 11:15:46 -0400
Dear Twain scholars,
 I am a reference librarian in need of assistance with a Mark Twain
question. I have exhausted the sources in my library without finding the
answer I need and am hoping that a list member might help me out.

 One of our patrons is looking for a quote from Twain regarding the Jews
and their ability to survive. Does this sound at all familiar? I have
exhausted our collection of reference books on famous quotations. I have
also looked through our circulating books on Mark Twain but many of them
do not have an index and, therefore, I am unable to zero in on any
comments he may have made on this specific matter. I am hoping that on a
list of people interested specifically in Twain that the survivability of
Jews might ring a bell. If it is familiar, can you provide me with the
quote AND the citation as to where I might find it in print? Thank you in
advance for any assistance you can provide. Please reply to me at my
e-mail address; I am not sure that my request would be of general
interest to all subscribers to the listserv. If anyone would like to know
the answer, they may contact me and I will forward the reply. I am a new
subscriber to TWAIN-L and don't want to clutter the listserv with my needs.

 Mary Ann Ryer
 Raritan Valley Community College
 Somerville, NJ 08876