Sender:
From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:11:39 -0600
>Dennis, I discovered from the Washington Post article that Pryor did,
indeed, write parts of the "Blazing >Saddles" script, including the famous
beans/campfire scene.
 > Although I'm a great admirer of Pryor, I would be happy for somebody to
explain to me what's funny >about that particular scene, or about "Blazing
Saddles," or indeed about Mel Brooks.

   Are you kidding? That scene is nearly as classic as the coconut or
knight scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. *;-) I guess we just like
campfire toilet jokes down here in Texas.

   Seriously I think Richard Pryor is a good pick...his twinkle in his eye
and his great delivery of jokes qualifies him as one of our great
entertainers. Not a prolific writer perhaps, but I think Mark Twain would
have found him funny today.

Later,

Russell Smith
http://camalott.com/~rssmith