Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 13:50:28 -0500
I received an off-line comment that my note about drinking was
thoughtless and a "stereotype that should have died long ago."
  Well, if anyone was offended, I apologize.  I really did not mean it
as a stereotype or a negative comment; I was just relating something
that seemed to me to be relevant to how the Irish actually WERE
viewed at that time, especially because Pap also was an alcoholic.
Again, no intent to be insensitive.  (I did mention that some of my
own family is Irish, no?)   Anyhow......

Mike Dooris, Penn State