Sender:
From:
andy hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 1994 09:38:08 EDT
Taylor  -- if you don't find anyone else likely to review _Roughing It_, try
me
 -- that is, if you don't mind the flak.  Send th volume to 76 Wilcox Av,
Pawtucket RI 02860 (phone: (401) 726-1066, if you need it).  You might want
to pass
along to the Forum that a long, detailed article concerning SLC possible
romanc
es with other men will run in the March 95 issue of _American Literature_; I
would
distribute a copy electronically before publication, but I am certain that
would bug the hell out of the editors.  The article excavates the material
far
more comprehensively than I could manage in a short presentation and
wrestles
 with the degree of uncertainty the hypothesis introduces into the biography
and
the uncertainty in the hypothesis itself.  Likely to raise some major dust,
aga
in, unfortunately . . .

Andy Hoffman