Sender:
From:
Jeffrey Steinbrink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 1994 14:11:53 -0700
        A recent exchange here between Beth Regish and Ted Ficklen about
the Penguin edition of Connecticut Yankee left me wondering about their
appraisals--and the appraisals of others in the forum--of the California
edition of MT's works.  There IS a California edition of Connecticut
Yankee, now supposedly the definitive text, that includes all 221 original
Beard illustrations.  It's available in paperback for $10.95.
        Do some of you prefer the Penguin to the CA edition of Yankee?
More generally, do those of you who teach MT assign the California
editions of his works to your students?  If you don't, why not?  If you do,
what do you like about them (about the California editions, that is; I'll
ask some other time what you like about your students)?
        I'll gladly gather your candid responses and convey them, as a
fellow teacher, to the UC Press.  If these are to be definitive editions,
let us make them the best we can.