Sender:
From:
Joe Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 1994 19:15:43 -0400
Dear Twainians:

Until this week, I had a panel arranged for the American Humor Studies
Association/American Literature Association conference in Cancun, Mexico,
December 8-11, 1994.  The panel's title is "Twain's Children: Modern
Humorists Descended from the Master."

Now I find that one, possibly two, of my three panelists cannot attend.

Therefore, I am issuing a general call for some response by August 30 for at
least one more paper for this session, possibly two.  A provocative title
will be enough; a short (100-150 words) abstract would be even better.

Please respond either through e-mail or by writing me at 3653 Maple Glen
Lane, Charlotte, NC  28226-4834, or by calling me at
704-556-0360.

Hopefully,
Joe Alvarez