Sender:
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 13:09:28 -0500
Sure.  In my paper edition of it, MT appended an explanation of how his
fascination with the story of the Siamese twins allowed him to write a
farce about them.  This was published as ..... hhmmm... "Those Extraordinary
Twins" (I don't have the book in front of me).  However, he did revise
it and by the time he had finished it, what was a minor character,
Pudd'nhead Wilson, ended up being a major character and the twins, the
entire focus of the original story, the twins, ended up being the suspects
in a murder mystery.  Hope this helps.