Sender:
From:
Vern Ela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 1995 19:05:54 -0400
I'm sure you'll receive other, more authoritative responses than mine on
this subject, and since I'm sure the subject is of interest to those on
the list, I am replying to the list as well.

The only edition of "Letters From the Earth" that I have ever seen, is
the Bernard DeVoto edition published some years ago.  It contains some of
the most humorous essays written by Twain, IMHO.  This is one of my very
favorite works by SLC, and if there are other editions of it around, I
would very much like to know about them, as well as where they might be
obtained.

I've been a 'lurker' on the list for a couple of years.  Allow me to take
this opportunity to thank all of you who have shared your knowledge and
scholarship.  I've gained much from the exchanges.

Vern Ela, Lecturer
Nova Southeastern University
Ft. Lauderdale, FL   33314