Sender:
From:
Richard Reineccius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:59:50 -0700
I got notice via email that the Virginia and Truckee Railway began hauling
passengers TODAY from Carson City to Virginia City - first time since 1938!
The town is very much worth a periodic visit. Wish I'd known sooner.
Expanded rail service to come in 2010, with some trains pulled by steam.
Auto, or Train or Plane to Reno, then rapid transit to Carson.

Also, the Territorial Enterprise Foundation has begun a program of English
as a Second Language, basing English on Twain writings.

Richard R, in San Francisco.