Sender:
From:
"Marcus D. Parsons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 16:05:21 -0500
I have owned the Bureau Development, Inc. CDROM (Multimedia) called
"Twain's World" for some time now.  I cannot deny that it has given me a
lot of enjoyment because of the ability to print out some favorite
passages for public reading.  It also gives me2 the ability to do word
searches and access to much material in his letters that I don't have in
my collection.

Still, I am disappointed in some of the hokeyiness that was added (to
make it's sales appeal greater or seem to have more features).  The
graphics are IMHO amatuerish or worse and the questions add nothing of
value except for teachers with no time to think up their own.  Outside of
the "Onanism" speech which I found in "The Complete Bookshop" CDROM, I
know of no others with any quality or quantity of material.

I was disappointed not to find "Extract from Captain Stormfield's Trip to
Heaven" in "Twain's World".  I have been slowly trying to scan and OCR
that very small book from my own collection so I can use it in a reading
to a group some evening, but, Lord, you know how slow that goes.

My service prvider does not furnish me the ability to download attached
files (yet).  I am looking for CDROMs or FTP sites for complete works
like "Stormfield" or letters.

Last I heard, Cyril Clemens is still at home in Kirkwood MO although in
his 90's and frail.  He is in the care of a very competent housekeeper.
I last saw him in a hospital visit about 3 years ago.  His private
collection of papers and books is, I believe, without peer.

Marc Parsons, [log in to unmask]