Sender:
From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 10:56:34 EDT
The Mark Twain Forum needs a reviewer for the following book:

     Tom Quirk (ed.).  _Mark Twain: Tales, Speeches, Essays, and
     Sketches_.  New York: Penguin Books, 1994.  Pp. xxxv, 410.  Paper,
     5-1/8" x 7-3/4".  $10.95.  ISBN 0-14-043417-8.

The review should evaluate not Twain's writings, but rather this
particular edition of them.  The Mark Twain Forum will supply the
reviewer with the Quirk book, but the reviewer should have at hand--and
be prepared to compare this edition to--similar recent editions (e.g.,
Louis J. Budd's edition in the Library of America series).  In
particular, attention should be paid to the sources of the texts and the
introduction, and the reviewer should identify what kind of audience
will be most interested in this edition.

As always, the review should be of publishable quality, and the deadline
would be two months from your receipt of the book.  If I don't know you,
it would be helpful for you to explain in what respect you're qualified
to write this review.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Taylor Roberts
Coordinator, MT Forum