Sender:
From:
Dave Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:46:02 -0400
This mystery of the man who brings the hat seems to be deepening! ;-)

I think the best guess is still the butler. Walking in a member of the film
crew to a family scene seems unlikely to me.

Has anyone published about what was really going on in this staged media
event? It was a big deal, even in 1909,  to have a film crew visit a
celebrity at home and capture some moments-- it seems obvious to me that
there was some 'stageing'.  "Stand in the doorway" and "Walk around the
corner here" -- b/c films demand motion. "Have tea with your daughters."

So, who wanted/asked for the film to be created, and -- if it wasn't our
boy's idea (I wouldn't rule that out)-- then who's idea was it, and what
would SLC's motivation to cooperate be?

Bottom line: The film capture is a window into a moment. Fortunely, an
apparently happy moment, a good day. But the window hides more than it
tells, I think. Some deconstruction seems called for -- and I wonder if
anyone has already attended to that task?

DDD