Sender:
From:
Gary Henrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 12:15:40 -0600
Well folks, out here in the Dakotas one still finds doggeral being passed
around at funerals from time to time.  I went to a funeral last year which
featured something much like the "Ode to Stephen..." written by an aspiring
grand-daughter.  Of course, as the local perfessor, I was invited to
appreciate the verse, and I nearly managed it, too. I suppose doggeral will
exist as long as there are doggerers willing to write it.  (As for myself, I
prefer to limit my verses to less solemn occasions.)

Gary Henrickson
North Dakota State College of Science