From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 22:36:11 EDT
Once again, the future is relentlessly upon us.

Recently I've been playing around a bit with Internet Relay Chat (IRC),
which is basically a way for net-connected people like us to have
real-time conversations.  I thought it might be fun for Forum members
who are interested in IRC to meet on our own channel for some casual
conversation.  If enough people become interested in this, we could
set a regular time (say, weekly) for such meetings.

Why don't we try it this Saturday?  I think the following info will
be enough to get us all in the same place at the same time, but if
you know otherwise, please let me know.

     Day:     Saturday, 13 July 1996
     Start:   1 p.m. Central Daylight Time
     Server:  Any Undernet server
     Channel: #TwainChat

If you haven't yet tried IRC for yourself, there's still time for you
to play around a bit before Saturday.  A lot of documentation is
available on the Web, and I recommend using a search engine like the
one at http://webcrawler.com (using such keywords as "IRC" and
"Undernet") to locate information about IRC.

I look forward to seeing some Forum members on Saturday!

Taylor Roberts