From:
Jerry Vorpahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:14:35 -0700
New to this Forum, I am quite impressed by the vitriol of political opinion
delivered with a venom not even Ann Coulter can muster. (At least she can
turn a phrase). But it's hard to get too excited, considering that Mark
Twain felt such opinion is strictly emotional.

"To my mind, the bulk of any nation's opinion about its presidentŠis without
value and not worth weighing or considering or examining. There is nothing
mental in it; it is all feeling, and procured at secondhand without any
assistance from the proprietor's reasoning powers." ("Eruption," p. 24). The
diatribe would bear this out.

He could also turn on the steam, calling Theodore Roosevelt, whom he voted
for, "Šfar and away the worst president we have ever had." (Ibid.)

JerryV