From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 17:14:32 +0000
I'm working with some people in Manila to set up a new World
Wide Web (WWW) page devoted to "Mark Twain's Views on the
Philippines."  This will provide access to the e-texts of "To the
Person Sitting in Darkness" and "A Defence of General Funston" and
will feature a few short quotes, photos, and contemporary political
cartoons related to Twain and the Philippine-American War.  This will
be an off-shoot of the Soc.Culture.Filipino page
(http://www.mozcom.com/SCF/SCF.html) which is a comprehensive
starting point for everything on the internet related to the
Philippines.

I am looking for photos of Twain that could be used on this page.  I
have some public domain photos that can be scanned (mainly from
Paine's biography), but I'm wondering if some of these might already
exist somewhere on the internet.  I've tried several searches but
they only turned up the Wiretap and Guttenberg e-text collections and
an advertisement for the Twain's World CD.  Has anyone come across any
photos of Twain on the internet that I could download and use on this WWW
page?  Are there any other Twain-related WWW pages in the works?

I expect that this Twain WWW page will be up and running by the end of
January.  I'll post its address then.

Jim Zwick