From:
Robert Hirst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 20:09:54 -0800
Mr. McFarland--

I have three you don't mention:

Hjalmar Hjorth Boyesen, *Cosmopolitan* 18 (January 1895): 379

*The Bookman* (London) 7 (January 1895): 122

*The Spectator* (London), 74 (16 March 1895): 367-68

My guess is that with patient searching principally through newspapers,
not magazines, you could come up with another fifteen or twenty reviews.
Without going through that kind of search, it's not easy to say why
reviews are scarce because you can't even say that they *are* scarce.

I'll put copies of the above three in tonight's mail. Good luck.

Bob Hirst
General Editor, Mark Twain Project