From:
Siva Vaidhyanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:24:35 -0500
In addition, I know that many unaffiliated Twain scholars and fans have
found the established community of Twain scholars extremely supportive of
their efforts and interests. Several times in the last few years, the Mark
Twain Circle has invited independent writers to present papers and offer
critiques at their professional meetings.

This electronic community is a wonderful example of the commitment most of
us have to new perspectives on Twain, regardless of the titles and degrees
of the contributors.

I know we all wish to continue -- in the spirit of Twain himself -- to
appreciate good and passionate work without being hung up on credentials or
credit.

Thanks,

Siva Vaidhyanathan
University of Texas at Austin