From:
Rick Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 19:26:04 -0500
From:   TAYLOR::RCHILL       "Rick Hill"  7-APR-1997 19:16:10.23
To:     IN%"[log in to unmask]"
CC:     RCHILL
Subj:   RE: C Span

>Did anyone see that nitwit on C Span hawking his book and proposing that
>Samuel Clemens had been involved in homosexual affairs?  Surely people
>won't actually buy that tripe.  I'm happy to say, that most of the small
group
>that attended, walked out before it was over.

Missed it, but anybody who'd like to read the book and write an essay tying
it in with some other deliberately outrageous claims about Twain and his
work
(Leslie Fiedler comes to mind for starters) is welcome to send the
product for consideration in our volume-in-progress currently titled  _Mark
Twain Among the Critics._

Please direct all manuscripts, proposals, queries, and comments to

Rick Hill <[log in to unmask]>

or

Jim McWilliams <[log in to unmask]>