From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 1995 13:30:19 +0000
I just received an e-mail message via my Mark Twain WWW page from
Morrow Long at Yale telling me that the March 17 issue of the New
Haven Register carried an article about Huck Finn being removed from
the curriculum of New Haven, Conn., public schools because of Twain's
use of the n-word.  It has been left in school libraries, though.  Anyone
from New Haven have more information on this?

Also, I was updating my Twain e-text directory page today and found
that Project Gutenberg has just put Life on the Mississippi online.  It
will be officially released in April, but texts are available from
Project Gutenberg at

ftp://mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu/pub/etext/etext95/lmiss10.txt

or divided by chapter at the Reading Room, University of Maryland,
at:

http://www.inform.umd.edu/Educational_Resources/ReadingRoom/Fiction/LifeonMissis
 sippi

Jim Zwick