Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 17:28:41 -0400
He's right. And the most significant passage of Huck Finn is quite
possibly the virtual soliloquy by Huck stating that he doesn't care what
the "establishment" says, he'd rather go to hell that turn Jim in. (I'd
look up the passage for you, but then it ain't my paper, I'm doing Peter
Taylor, de Man and Crito separately already_)  This makes the annual
morons on steroids banning Huckleberry Finn for "racism" all the more
pathetic.