Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 21:45:07 -0400
Barb:

Hannibal, Missouri is this tremendously quaint little out of the way
town...It isn't the end of the world, but you can see if from there.  When I
was there several years ago, the Mississippi River was even with the
railroad
tracks on the Missouri side of the river. The Twain Museum is delightful.
The people are friendly.  The reconstructed area as I said before is
terminally quaint.
What I got a kick out of was the German tour bus that pulled up in the
parking lot just
seconds after I arrived.

The only other event to remember is that Hannibal is a tourist trap, but
worth the trip.

Drew Robinson

I had always wanted to go there and never seem to be on the right track.  A
good friend of mine taught American Literature at the University of Illinois
for
quite a few years and guess I finally felt I owed it to him to get to
Hannibal.

One other caveat:  It is extremely warm and humid in Missouri at the
particular time of year..