Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:22:47 -0400
terry oggel wrote:

> Twain's manic depressiveness (now called bi-polar mood disorder, I believe)
> seems to be well established.  ...  Now diagnosable
> and treatable with drugs.  Alas, for the individual that's good, to be able
> to have it treated; but for the rest of humanity, much great art is lost, no
> doubt.

I, too, am manic-depressive.  I was treated with drugs from 1981 to 1990,
and I have many friends with a variety of psychiatric diagnoses.

I do not believe the drugs are good for the individual; and for the rest
of humanity, more than great art is lost.

Pardon the deviation from our Twain focus.
larry marshburne     ([log in to unmask])