From:
Joe Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:01:44 -0400
Professor Wohlbruck's message reminds me of the meta narrative technique used at the beginning of "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." Huck acknowledges his obscurity by referring to his author's prior novel, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer," and comments on his own text. It's a thoroughly modern (or is it now post-modern?) technique.

Joe Alvarez
900 Havel Court
Charlotte, NC 28211-4253
Telephone: 704.364.2844