From:
Ioram Melcer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:55:43 +0200
Hello all,

First, I thank you for the great response I received to my call for help
regarding the 'lost' episode of Chap. 9 in Huck Finn. Lots of people in the
forum were more than kind in rushing me whatever material they had and
thought would be useful for me.

I am now writing the article for the newspaper and am awaiting just two items:

- The New Yorker of 8-14-95, where some theories regarding the episode were
mentioned.

- The January 96 issue of Harper's with an article touching the HF issue.

The first item is supposed to reach me tomorrow, but I have problems
getting the second. Any help will be appreciated, of course.

As a curiosity: I walked into a second-hand bookstore here in Jerusalem
today and found a biography of Joan of Arc. The volume was part of an
edition of Twain's writings - but the author was not him. Only a kind of
seal with MT's name, as if he had published the work was to be found.
Anyone care to explain this to me? (The Database on the server is not
working).

And a last one -

Could someone send me by e-mail a good synopsis of the 'Was Huck Black?' theory?
Again, lack of aid from the Database hinders my progress.

And thanks to all of you, again!

Ioram Melcer