From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 22:28:09 EST
I don't know enough about the World Wide Web--nor unfortunately do I
have enough time to learn about it--to represent the Mark Twain Forum
there as adequately as I'd like.  However, I'm pleased to announce that
the Forum is now available on the Web via the LISTSERV WWW Gateway at:

The Gateway provides a user-friendly interface to LISTSERV commands for
forms-capable WWW browsers.  In particular, it allows you to perform the
following functions (on TWAIN-L, as well as on other lists in the
Gateway's database):

     Get information about mailing lists
     Subscription options
          Subscribe
          Unsubscribe
          Set subscription options
          Query subscription options
     Search mailing lists' databases and get files
          Search the database
          Get the filelist
          Retrieve files
          Review the list of subscribers
          Order LISTSERV documentation

At the moment, there may be a small bug when you try to review the list
of subscribers and ask that it be sorted by name.  If you notice the
bug, please try your command the next day, as I hope that it'll be fixed
soon.  Technical questions about the Gateway should be addressed to its
maintainer, David W. Baker, at <[log in to unmask]> or
<URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>.

For other Mark Twain materials on the Web, check out the sites that are
maintained by Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>.  Their addresses are:

     Mark Twain on the Philippines

     Mark Twain Resources on the World Wide Web

Jim has also linked his Web entry on the Forum to the LISTSERV Gateway,
and so you can also travel there via that route.

Many thanks to Jim Zwick for bringing the WWW Gateway to my attention,
for testing the TWAIN-L entry, and for generally helping to ease Forum
subscribers on to the Web.

Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>