Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 10:11:58 -0500
I have been wondering how to respond to the seeming shift of focus away
from "scholarly interest in the life and writings of M.T." For those who
would like to give something instead of using this Forum for discussions
of gifts which won't be sent, I have a few suggestions.

The Mark Twain houses in Hartford and Hannibal are always in need of
donations.  You can donate a $100 personalized brick to the Hannibal
museum sidewalk.  Your local library could handle the gift of a book.

You could post something of scholarly interest. You could peruse the
Forum archives for interesting unanswered questions, do the research,
and respond.  I would really like to know if anyone ever found the source
for the Reader's Digest quote or found the L.A. Times story which were
discussed in October.

For me, once the Christmas gifts are unwrapped, I will leave for MLA in
Chicago where I hope to find discussions centered around Twain.

Merry Christmas, (or Bah! Humbug!)
larry marshburne               [log in to unmask]