From:
Joan Feather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:39:52 -0600
This is a bit of a tangent to the discussion of the Tobin Tax, but so be it!

One subscriber wrote:

"I didn't know there was a Prairie Region Health Promotion Summer School.  I
would like information on the next one.

Thanks,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karen Mykietka, M.Sc., B.Ed.
Email: [log in to unmask]"

Well, we have now held two Health Promotion Summer Schools, in Saskatoon at the University of Saskatchewan campus, in the month of August.  Enrollment has been in the 200 vacinity, which is about all we can comfortably handle in the facilities available.  Most participants have been from the prairie provinces, but we've welcomed others from the Northwest Territories, Ontario, Australia and Bermuda!

The next summer school is planned for August 16 - 20, 1999.  For more information, watch for the formal announcement on our web site:
www.usask.ca/healthsci/che/prhprc

Joan Feather
Co-ordinator
Prairie Region Health Promotion Research Centre
University of Saskatchewan
Health Sciences Building
107 Wiggins Road
Saskatoon, SK  S7N 5E5