From:
Maryann Kusmirski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 08:26:16 -0700
I was involved in the measles campaign as staff (public health nurse).
From the perspective of the effectiveness of the program; I feel that the
campaign was an opportunity for health departments to put together an
effective program. Collaboration between the Ministry of Health, the
board of edcuation and the health department regions
accounted for part of the success. The majority of parents and the Board
of Education appeared to be extremely pleased with the program. I know for
the department I worked at, we reached the target goal and finished mid
April with periodic clinics at the  health department.
Ibelive the epidemiological data speaks for itself as to the ratioanle for
the campaign. Recently, I saw a measles bulletin from the MOH which
addresses the effectiveness of the campaign. You might have it at the UOT
librrary or contact me and I will try to get it to you.
  My only concern re the program was the timing of it; the majority of
health departments cancelled many core nursing programs which left a
gap in the delivery of care during that time period.
last comment: Hats off to the advertising group who came up with the logs,
tshirts, buttons ect. The kids loved the dalmation dogs and the teachers
were able to do prevaccination teaching with "Spot"
Hope these comments help
Maryann Kusmirski BScN