Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:40:18 +0100
As Michel O'Neill pointed out, WHO will most likely endorse an electronic
communication initiative to enhance pre-jakarta discussion and in put.
I'd like to encourage all interested to participate, and to envision
copntinuing the process after jakarta; this is even more important, as the
IUHPE's XVIth World Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, June 21 - 26, 1998
will offer ample opportunity to pursue the outcome of the jakarta meeting,
as well as provide large and open forums for work not only on health
promotion in general, but on major issues of our time relating to our work,
such as ethics, equity, empowerment, environment, economics, to name only a few.
Mark your calendars now, and contact the copnference secretariat to receive
annoucements, available in one months' time :
XVI World Conference on Health Promotin and Health Education
PO Box 365067
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936-5067
tel : 1-787-274-0582,ext.s 1417/1419
fax : 1-787-754-6621;