From:
Bart Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 15:31:12 -0500
>At 09:28 PM 10/28/96 -0300, Michel O'Neill wrote:
>>Bonjour tout le monde !
>>
>>There have been very interesting debates on the above listservs over the
>>last couple of months. The co-authors of the paper below, which is the
>>intro paper to a special issue of Promotion and Education to come out soon,

Snip

>>THE CHALLENGES OF PARTICIPATORY ACTION RESEARCH
>>FOR HEALTH PROMOTION
>>
>>Action research, participatory research, emancipatory research, empowerment
>>evaluation, or participatory action research (PAR) as we have chosen to
>>call it here,

One of the plans we have for our patient oriented health care site is to try
to involve patients in outcomes and compliance surveys and inform them of
the need for and availability of clinical trials and other studies.I am not
conversant with PAR and in fact am only a patient myself (also webmaster and
founder of WellnessWeb) so I may be off base in suggesting that there might
perhaps be some way WellnessWeb can contribute to the evolution and success
of PAR. WellnessWeb is at

www.wellweb.com

if you'd care to preview it and see whether you think our concept could be
of help.

Best regards,

Bart Moran

Patient and Providers --