From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 10:30:35 -0400
> At 10:09 AM 9/13/96 +0100, you wrote:
> >i'm trying to pull together the best web sites i can find for a
> >presentation on health promotion.  could you please send me your favorite
> >sites on 1. health communication 2. smoking cessation 3. nutrition 4.
> >physical activity.  thanks

You asked about "health promotion"  WWW sites.  If you are serious about "real"
health promotion and not simply lifestyle change you will look up the W.H.O. sites
in Europe.  (set search engine for World Health Organization).  These include the
Healthy Cities offices in Europe, the WHO main site in Geneva, etc.  Nutrition and
smoking and that kind of stuff is okay, I guess, but it isn't REALLY health
promotion.

Check out the Association of Ontario Health Centres WWW (http://AOHC.COM).

Also try the Centre for Health Promotion at the University of Toronto.
http://www.utoronto.ca and then look up "Health Promotion, Centre for)
This includes the Health Communication Unit , the Quality of Life Research Unit,
and the North York Community Health Promotion Research Unit.

Try the "Toronto Healthy City Office WWW"  Try "City of Toronto" to begin with.

Also look up the "Ontario Prevention ClearingHouse".

Best wishes,

Dennis Raphael
Associate Director of the MHSc in Health Promotion Program,
University of Toronto

AND

Proud Member,
Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto
A World Health Organization Collaborating Centre in Health Promotion