From:
Shawn Chirrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:07:46 -0400
I just wanted to pass on some information about a new book, I discovered
in my travels, that I am sure some Click4HP readers would be interested in.

It's called "Health Promotion and Interactive Technology: Theoretical
Applications and Future Directions" edited by RL Street jr., WR Gold, and
T. Manning.  It's an edited volume of 13 artilces on this topic.  The
book is broken down into three main sections: 1) Theoretical
Perspectives, 2) Using IT to Improve Health, and 3) The Future of IT for
the Promotion of Health.  It's from 1997 and is published by Lawrence
Erlbaum Associates Inc. and the ISBN is 0-8058-2204-6.

It is no where as good as Nancy Milio's book on IT & HP ("Engines of
Empowerment"). While some of the articles are a bit too centred on
patient education and health education, for my own liking, it is has some
very interesting articles none the less.  This is especially so with some
of the theoretical articles as well as some of the  case-study oriented ones.

I recommend checking it out.  For Toronto-based Click4HP readers there is
a copy of it available in the University of Toronto MedSci library.

Shawn Chirrey, BA MA                [log in to unmask]         /////
MHSc - Health Promotion Program             or               @   @}
Dept. of Community Health         [log in to unmask]        #
University of Toronto                                          O