From:
HAZEL BUCHANAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:24:50 GMT0BST
I am writing this note as an introduction to the health promotion
listserv and as a hope for further information.

My name is Hazel Buchanan and I am a Canadian from Ottawa who is
presently studying at the University of Nottingham in England.  I am
in the process of completing an MA in Social Policy and
Administration.

Presently I am working on my dissertation which is on Health
Promotion for aging women specifically in the areas of nutrition,
physical activity and social activity.  Also, I hope to provide a
comparison of policy efforts in this direction within Ontario and
Britain.

This is proving to be a very interesting project and an area which
can use further consideration and research.  (I believe there is a
journal Women and Aging which would prove most beneficial but to
which I don't have access).  I would appreciate any feedback or
discussion in this area or any suggestions for reference material.

Of course, I am also enjoying the benefits of other discussions on
this listserv.  Thanking you in advance for your consideration in
this matter.  I look forward to future contact.

Hazel