From:
Bo J A Haglund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:36:35 +0100
Hi,

Since Blake Poland might not be the only one not familiar with the Health
Promotion Research Internet Network, HPRIN, more inforamtion is given below.

The project of Health Promotion Research Internet Network (HPRIN) started in
spring 1995 and has two parts: one is to build an network of Links of web
pages of interest for Health Promotion Researchers around the world.It can
be found at the address of http://www.ki.se/phs/hprin/.  The second is the
HPRIN - List server, a discussion club on Health Promotion Research.
Information below.

yours

Bo

******

                 >>>Welcome to the HEALTH-PROMOTION List<<<

About this list:

Dear Health Promotion researcher,

You have provided an interest to be a member of the Health Promotion
Research Internet Network (HPRIN).

Wellcome to the Health Promotion List Server at the Karolinska Institute in
Stockholm!

HPRIN ORGANIZERS

This is an international collaborative effort to promote Health Promotion
Research. Some of the partners in the planning procedures are the WHO
Collaborating Centre on Supportive Envirnoments for Health, Karolinska
Institutet, Dept of  International Health and Social Medicine, Sundbyberg,
Sweden,  WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Health Promotion and
Health Education, University of Bergen, Norway., Health Education Authority,
London, UK, Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto, Ontario,
Canada, Institute of Health Promotion Research, Fac.Grad.Studies, University
of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, UIC Prevention Research Center,
University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois, USA, Dept of Health Promotion,
University of Sydney, Australia.

HPRIN OBJECTIVES

The objectives for the Health Promotion List-server are

1. To Establish an international forum of people interested in Health
Promotion Research discussions on Internet

2..To discuss present status around the world of Health Promotion Research
(HPR) and the main challenges for HPR in the 21st Century.

Example on Issues to discuss are:

- Framework for Health Promotion Evaluation
- Investment for Health
- Creating Supportive Environments for Health
- Quality in Health Promotion
- Health Care Reform and Health Promotion

The outcome of these discussions and others could  provide important input
to the 4th International Conference on Health Promotion to be held in New
Dehli 1997 as a follow up of the Ottawa, Adelaide and Sundsvall Conferences.

HPRIN PRACTICAL PROCEDURES

HPRIN manages a listserver <[log in to unmask]> for group
discussions as well as for fast distribution of information. For those of
you new to Internet, a "listserver" is simply a mailing list. We hope that
several of you can find constructive ways to discuss health promotion
research issues and projects on an on-going, regular, and useful basis on
the listserver.

HELP DESK:

We have a virtual WWW Help Desk where all the listserv commands can be
issued and where you can browse our archive.

URL(Universal Resource Locator):
http://sokrates.mip.ki.se/cgi-bin/lwgate/HEALTH-PROMOTION

 But the commands (subscribe/unsubscribe) can also be issued throw
 Email:

>                       >>>HOW TO SUBSCRIBE<<< >
>          *****************************************************
>          *  1.  Create a mail message to:                    *
>          *---------------------------------------------------*
>          *  2.  In the body text, type:                      *
>          * Subscribe HEALTH-PROMOTION (space) Your Name      *
>          *                                                   *
>          *      For example:                                 *
>          *        Subscribe HEALTH-PROMOTION Bo Haglund      *

>        >>>HOW TO RETRIEVE AN INDEX OF HEALTH-PROMOTION<<<
>
>         ********************************************************
>         *   1.  Create a mail message to:                      *
>         *------------------------------------------------------*
>         *   2.  In the body text, type:                        *
>         *        get HEALTH-PROMOTION index              *
>         ********************************************************
>>
>>In addition, could you kindly when subscribing  fill out the following form
>>      and send it to <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>>      Your First Name:
>>      Your Last Name:
>>      Address:
>>      Telephone Number:
>>      Fax Number:
>>      Area of Your Speciality: (Population, Health, Nutrition or Other)
>>      Focus of Research Interest:

3

Bo J A Haglund
associate professor, director
WHO Collaborating Centre
Karolinska Centre on Supportive Environments for Health
Karolinska Institute
Dept of Public Health Sciences
Division of  Social Medicine
S-172 83 SUNDBYBERG, Sweden
tel: + 46 8 629 05 64  fax: + 46 8 28 95 00
Our web page at URL: http://www.ki.se/phs/

Internet adress: [log in to unmask]

Supportive Environments for Health is about where people live, love, work,
and play - in short, about everday life