From:
Irv Rootman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:00:59 -0400
I appreciate the concerns raised below. I too am concerned but working hard to help free the publication from the need for advertising from the pharmaceutical or other industries. The approach that I have recommended to the publisher, which he is actively pursuing, is to seek sponsorship for issues from acceptable sources such as governments and foundations while at the same time trying to  increase the subscription base. We are making some progress, but it will take time and commitment from all of us who are concerned about health promotion. I also have been trying to solicit articles from practitioners from across the country so that the publication can reflect the views of people in the field who have always been the audience to which the publication has been directed. Any constructive help would be appreciated. I would hate to see this potentially valuable for communication among health promotors disappear because of lack of interest. Are YOU willing to help?

Irving Rootman