From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 23:59:02 -0500
Greetings,

As we cross this six month anniversary for Click4hp Alison and I thought it
would be a good idea to give you a quick summary of who is on the list.

As we started off we agreed to do this from time to time and well ... it's
time ;-)

The numbers of participants on Click4hp has consistently remained over 300
since it began. The peak before the summer was 351 in early June. The
(northern hemisphere) summer saw a drop off of participants to a low of 311.
Since September there has been steady climb to our current high of 366 (3
duplicates).

The gender split of participants, determined by first name, was 217 females,
133 males, and 16 'unable to determine'. This represents approximately a
60:40 split.

Based on email addresses we were able to determine the greatest majority of
the participants are from North America predominately the US (117) and
Canada (140) with 3 from Mexico and 51 participants in categories which
included .com,.net, aol and compuserv which were likely to be either US or
Canadian for a total of 311. Of the remaining 55, there were 16 from
Australia, 15 from the UK, 4 from Germany, 3 from New Zealand, and 2 each
from SE and ZA. The remaining 10 we categorized as 'other country' with one
participant from each. We currently have nineteen countries represented.

We did a further breakdown at the numbers from Canada and the US to break
them out by province or state where possible. This was not an exact science
but does give people a rough idea of the split.

Canada:
Ontario <on> 91 - (58 from Toronto)
Alberta <ab> 11
British Columbia <bc> 13
Saskatchewan <sk> 2
Nova Scotia <ns> 11
Manitoba <mb> 1
Quebec <qu> 5
North West Territories <nt> 1
.gen 8

US
.edu 78
Arizona <az> 26
Military <mil> 3
<gov> 3
.gen 4
.com 3

Other
.com 26
.net 14
AOL 7
Compuserv 11

Given the recent comment by Dennis Raphael:
>If local organizing and advocacy is to be verboten on this
>Toronto-based health promotion list-serve, I might as well
>limit my health promotion list-serve memberships to the
>HPHIL Sokrates group based in Sweden.

It is interesting to note just less than 16% of the total participants come
from the Toronto area.

Regards,
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>