From:
Shawn Chirrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:01:05 -0500
I think this discusion over access to the internet is very important.
There is enough evidence to support the fact that the "have-nots" have
more to gain if they have access then they will lose if they do not.

My next question is, "If there is this increased access to the Internet,
by people from all walks of life, how will this effect the field and
discipline of Health Promotion?"  Will this access ultimately serve to
promote the health of people and communities?

I am also keen to know what aspects of health promotion (i.e., community
development, health communications, advocacy, policy) do people think
will most be effected by the Internet?  Also, what role can the Internet
play towards the empowerment of individuals and communities in regards to
health?

Just some more food for thought.  Keep up the great dialogue everyone.

Shawn Chirrey, BA MA                 [log in to unmask]      /////
MHSc - Health Promotion Program               or               @   @}
Dept. of Community Health             [log in to unmask]          #
University of Toronto                                            O