From:
kate zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:20:50 +1000
Hi, every one:
I am concern about new immigrant's health issue. As
you know, Australia is an immigrant country, thousands
of new immigrants come to australia every year.
Although they passed strict physical examination
before they come to australia, big challenge they need
to face immidiatly such as different culture,
different life style, communication problems, looking
for job issues and family issues etc may cause damage
to their mental and physical health if they can't
manage properly. Although the government provide some
help for new immigrants in some areas such as
language, looking for job skills etc. Is there any
other help for new immigrants related to their health?
I am not quite sure.Stress and depression are very
common among new immigrants,if these kinds of status
build up,it may seriously damage their health. Anyone
has some idea about strateges dealing with health
promotion of new immigrants? I am looking forward to
hearing from you. Thanks!

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!