From:
Joanne Roulston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 18:52:21 -0400
Thought someone here might have ideas and perspectives on this project.  There
is a lot to be said for a Canadian perspective on this.
---------------------- Forwarded by Joanne Roulston on 03/06/97 16:57
---------------------------

LLINE @ PEWTRUSTS.COM ("Laura M. Line")
03/06/97 15:10

To: EVALTALK @ UA1VM.UA.EDU @ INET
cc:  (bcc: Joanne Roulston)
Subject: Looking for a consultant

Our organization, a national foundation, is looking for a consultant to
evaluate the program design, implementation and impact of a fellowship
program for biomedical researchers from Latin America for postdoctoral
study in U.S. institutions.  I am in the process of identifying potential
candidates to complete a small team and am currently looking for a
consultant who:
* has a strong understanding of biomedical research,
* is grounded in one or more Latin American cultures, particularly as it
pertains to the biomedical research community.  [This person might be
currently living in or from Latin America, or has spent an extended
amount of time in one or more of these cultures,
* speaks Spanish and English fluently. [Portuguese language skills would
also be helpful].

Although not definitive at this point, I expect the project will require
ten - twelve work days over the next six to eight months for this
consultant, with some international travel.

I realize this may be like asking for the moon and stars, but if you are
interested or know of a qualified evaluator, please contact
[log in to unmask]  Unfortunately the time line is short, so please
reply by June 13, 1997.  Thanks.  For additional information about our
institution, please visit our website at www.pewtrusts.com.