From:
Howard Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 14:38:39 PDT
To: CLICK41 --INTERNET [log in to unmask]

*** Reply to note of 09/16/96 14:01
I'm disappointed that this issue is fizzling out so quickly. I have long been
concerned that while health promotion is touted at being far more than the
prevention of disease and injury, when is gets down to actions it is often no
more than disease and injury prevention. The 'give up smoking' action is, to
me, an example of disease prevention dressed up as health promotion.
Consequently I was enjoying the exchanges and hoped to see more.

Howard Platt, Director
Management Support Branch       Voice 604.952.2635
1515 Blanshard Street           Fax   604.952.1417
Victoria, B.C, V8W 3C8          Internet [log in to unmask]