From:
Anke Scheiber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:09:20 +0100
Hi there,

I am a research fellow and doctoral student working in the field of
computer-based Public Health Information Supply at the Institute for
Health Sciences, Technical University Berlin. My university degree is in
Political Science.

The subject of my doctoral thesis is "Health Promotion and the
Internet. Analyzing the health policy impacts of computer based
Health Promotion Programs." Therefore I intend to compare the
US-American Consumer Health Information (CHI)  Program and the
Canadian activities of using computer- based health
information systems in a community setting in order to show the
different health policy impacts of these programs and of using
electronic media for health promotion in general.

In order to conduct some interviews and to do other related research
about the CHI program, I would like to stay for an internship (about 3
months in 1998) at an University in the US or Canada and of course I
would be pleased to know about colleagues working in the same field.

So, if anybody knows about an institution I should contact or is
interested in discussing the subject itself, please reply to my email
address:

Thanks in advance
and greetings from Berlin,
Anke Scheiber
--
Technische Universitaet Berlin,  Institut fuer Gesundheitswissenschaften
Sekr. A 42,  Strasse des 17.Juni 135, 10623 Berlin,       Germany